Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year from Korea

As I'm sure many of you have said to yourselves, I can't believe it's 2014.  I've had a few years in my life that really stand out when I look back on them.  One in particular is 2008.  But I think the year 2013 will be the one that brought about the most change, adventure and the best experiences.

One year ago today, I was sitting in my mother's house in Texas watching college football games and wondering what I was going to do with my life.  See, at the time, I thought I had wasted my chance to come to Korea and I wasn't sure if the opportunity would present itself again.  But as they always do, things worked out the way they're supposed to and one year later here I am.  In a future post, I'll explain why my mistake that led to my delay in coming to Korea turned out to be a huge blessing.  Funny how often things works out that way, isn't it?

I love everything Korea has brought me.  The food is wonderful, the culture is great and the history is simply amazing.  I've been able to see parts of the world that I never imagined.  But it's the people that have made the biggest impact on my life.  I've been lucky enough to make friends with people from around the world, Oregon, Chicago, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and countless more from here in Korea.  And one thing I really never expected, I met an incredible girl here in Korea, and she actually thinks I'm kinda ok too.

So while I missed being home with my friends and family during the holidays, I can be happy knowing that my life here has been great.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what 2014 will do for me and everyone else in my life.  I wish you all the best and hope that the next year is better than you could have imagined.  


No comments:

Post a Comment