Thursday, May 9, 2013

A few quick, and very random, thoughts...

-Texting, or any written, non-verbal communication for that matter, can sometimes be very  hard.  We don't get the luxury of someone's tone of voice, facial expressions or gestures.  We have to do our best not to read into things too much.

It's even more difficult when you are texting with someone who speaks another language. It's taken to another level when you are trying to figure out if the Korean girl you are texting with is flirting with you.  Or not...



-We sometimes choose music just for the sound of it.  The lyrics and the artist aren't as important.  This, to me, is the definition of 99% of pop-music.  Get a good producer, make the song sound catchy, and you've got something people will listen to.

This is true even in Korea.  I have heard some of the dirtiest, most hardcore rap I've ever heard in my life while walking past a ladies' clothing store on the way to work.  If any of their customers could understand the lyrics to these songs, there might be a riot.  But hey, at least the beat is good...



-Being that I'm in a new country and don't know a lot of people, I think it's understandable to look for a common bond I might have with someone and try to use that as a way to make a connection.  Considering how many MLB hats I see while walking around, I thought for sure I could always just strike up a conversation about baseball.

Turns out, close to all of the people walking around this country with a MLB hat on have no clue who the team is.  Or that they're wearing the hat of a baseball team at all.  If they are wearing a Rangers hat, you can bet their name starts with a T.  Wearing a Red Sox hat, name starts with a B.  Braves hat, you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment