Thursday, May 2, 2013

My first term is in the bag

Last week I finished my first term teaching English in Korea!  My school does two-month long terms, and one of the awesome things about the end of each term is that we get a TERM BREAK!!!!  That was maybe one too many exclamation points, but it was a much needed 5-day weekend.  I had all these grand ideas of jetting off to some country for my first term break, but due to lack of scheduling ahead, hot and rainy weather in Thailand, and a strong desire to save money, I decided to just hang around Seoul and get some rest.

So now that I'm two months into this whole teaching thing, I feel like I have a better idea of whether or not I am going to enjoy it.  And I can honestly tell you, I freaking love it.  I don't know if there's anything else I'd rather be doing at this time in my life than teaching.  (Not true-I'd rather be a PGA player making stacks on stacks, but you get the idea) My students have been awesome.

My level 2 class celebrating at the coffee shop

Level 1 demanded individual pictures, ha!

My all-day club (These four study English 7hrs/day!)

Level 3 students (Gina looking gangsta on the far left)

My attempt to get my junior students to pose for a picture

This one sums up my juniors!

They are so kind to me, and have studied very hard.  It's very rewarding to see their improvement in just a two month span of time.  I'm really enjoying teaching my adult classes a bit more than my junior classes, but I'm glad I have the opportunity to do both.  Last Friday was our last day of the term, and some of my students gave me awesome gifts.  Yay for perks of being a teacher!

Traditional Korean Cakes

A sketch one of my students did of me!

Another insanely talented student did this of Gracie and I!

We're two days into our next term now, and I feel just as excited about it as I did two months ago.  Only now I have some idea of what I'm doing.  I'm teaching a little bit higher level classes, which is going to challenge my own grammar skills, but I'm excited about the level of conversation we'll now be having.  I think I'll stick with this teaching thing for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment